- Birmingham Country
Dance Society is a well established dance community with a monthly dance.
- North Alabama Country Dance Society
holds dances on even Saturdays at Faith Presbyterian Church.
- The Fayetteville Traditional Dance Society dances on the third Saturday of each month.
- Little Rock
- The Arkansas Country Dance Society dances odd and 4th Friday nights most of the year.
- State schedule courtesy of the Gainesville Old-Time Dance Society
- Cocoa Beach/Melbourne
- Cocoa Beach Contra dances second Saturdays of each month.
- The GODS dance on the first Sunday of each month.
Jax Contra Dance may dance again someday!
- The Orlando Contra Dance occurs 2nd and 4th Fridays in Winter Park.
- The There are occasional dances in Sarasota, but no official group contact. Check the Tampa group for info.
- Tallahassee Community Friends Of Old-Time Dance dance on the second and fourth Fridays of each month.
- Tampa Friends of Old-Time Dance dance 2-3 times per month.
- South Florida
- South Florida Contra Dance has the schedule for dances in south Florida, including monthly dances in Broward County (2nd Saturday), Boca Raton (1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday), Miami/Dade (4th Sunday except for summer), Long Key (1st & 3rd Fridays), Marathon Key (2nd Fridays), and Key West (4th Saturdays).
- The Atlanta Contra Dance have regular dances each Friday and odd (1st, 3rd and 5th) Tuesdays, as well as an annual
- Athens Contra Dances dance monthly on the first or second Saturday of the month.
- @gaga host a monthly contra dance and concert.
- Sautee Nacoochee
- The Sautee Nacoochee Dances are held monthly in the mountains of north Georgia at the Sautee Nacoochee Center on fourth Saturdays.
- Savannah Folk Music
Society dances monthly at Notre Dame Academy.
- Oh Contraire, Contra in Berea dances on fourth Saturdays and third Fridays.
Dance has 2-3 dances per month on Friday or Saturday evenings.
Country Dancers host a dance every Monday, with occasional Friday or Saturday dances.
- The Louisiana Contras & Squares Facebook Page and Facebook Group Page gives info on dances around Louisiana, including Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Arnaudville, and Metairie.
- Asheville area
- Asheville has an amazingly alive and varied dance culture.
There are several wonderful weekends either dedicated to, or
including, dance, and even some week long events.
The Old Farmers Ball
is a regular dance series. Their page includes a local schedule
of most of the area dances.
Contra Dancers have a dance one Saturday a month at the Jewish
Community Center. They also sponsor the yearly Summer Soiree
Weekends and festivals include the Lake
Eden Arts Festival, Summer Soiree, and Swannanoa
Gathering (with two full dance weeks).
- Boone Country Dancers host a contra dance most every second Saturday.
- is the home of the John
C. Campbell Folk School, a major center for preservation
of the art and heritage of Appalachian culture. Dances about twice a month, plus various events.
- The Charlotte Contra Dancers dance the 2nd Saturday of most months.
- Triangle Area (Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh)
in the Triangle includes dances sponsored by Carolina
Song and Dance Association, Fiddle and Bow, Pinecone
Council of Traditional Music, and Triangle Country Dancers
Arts Society of Greenville hosts a 3rd Saturday dance.
- Cape Fear Contra Dancers
usually dance on 2nd Saturdays of the month, and on 1st and 3rd
- Winston-Salem & Greensboro
Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers have dances in Winston-Salem
and in Greensboro. The also hold the annual Feet Retreat weekend.
Traditional Music and Dance dances monthly.
Folk Contra Dance is normally on odd Fridays. Also host the Palmetto Bug Stomp in April.
- Greenville/River Falls
Moon Folk Society hosts regular dances in Greenville and at the lovely River Falls dance hall that’s about halfway between Greenville and Asheville. They also host Moondance, their weekend festival.
- Flat Creek
- Flat Creek Dancers dance most Tuesdays in the country sort of between Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Fayetteville.
- The Memphis
Country Dancers dance on the second, fourth and fifth Friday of each
month. The also host the yearly Memfest dance weekend in the spring.
- The Nashville Country Dancers dance
each Friday. They also have a Fall Dance Weekend and a Playford
Ball each year.
- The Chattanooga
Traditional Dance Society is dancing in downtown Chattanooga
once a month.
- The Knoxville Country
Dancers have frequent dances as well as a lovely weekend
- The Historic Johnsborough Dance Society dances the first and third Saturdays every month in the auditorium of the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center
- Two Dog Waltz holds a dance in Blacksburg on the third Saturday of each month.
- Charlottesville and Central Virginia
- Central Virginia contra dances Shenandoah Valley Contra Dance for dances in the Verona area
- The Floyd Contra Dance is the second Saturday of each month.
- The Traditional American Dance and Music Society (TADAMS) dances second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
- The Roanoke Contra Dancers hold a monthly dance on the fourth Saturday.